Kolechia is a country in Papers, Please. It is located west of Arstotzka, bordered by Obristan, Antegria, Republia, and Impor. After the Six-Year War, entrants from and via Kolechia are finally able to enter Arstotzka through the border town Grestin, although Kolechian entrants occasionally face additional scrutiny at the border due to the terrorist threat some of them pose. Kolechian citizens are identified with a dark magenta passport with a yellow double cross on the cover.
Despite high hopes after the opening of the border, tensions between Arstotzka and Kolechia continue to grow, up to the point where the future of the Grestin border checkpoint becomes uncertain. Depending on the choices the inspector makes during the story, Arstotzka and Kolechia may eventually find common ground and reach a tentative understanding, which will allow the border to remain open.
The Grestin checkpoint undergoes terrorist attacks that proclaim Kolechian affiliation. One bombing on day 6 prompts a temporary search policy for all Kolechians. Another bombing on day 13 prompts the requirement for Identity supplement to all foreigners.
Scripted entrants from Kolechia
The list only includes scripted entrants that have special dialog or other options.
- A Kolechian who thinks opening the checkpoint was a mistake (day 1)
- A Kolechian who needs a surgery in Arstotzka (day 16)
- A depressed Kolechian on day 25
- Nathan Cykelek (day 14)
- Kordon Kallo (day 27)
- Elisa Katsenja (day 26)
- Shae Piersovska (day 25)
- Shaddy Safadi (day 7)
- See immigration protocol on day 7
- The exact phrase is, "If you think it is bad in Arstotzka, it is ten times worse in Kolechia." Sergiu tells this to the inspector on day 22.
- The Truth of Arstotzka on day 2.
- The Truth of Arstotzka on day 31.
- Events and headlines on days 27 and 28 and ending 20.